“I love Alameda. For the past 16 years, I’ve raised my family here and worked to make Alameda a more vibrant and welcoming place to live. In 2018, I’m running for Alameda City Council to ensure that ‘Everyone Belongs Here’ is never just a slogan but a core community value.” --John Knox White
As Alameda Planning Board President:
- Increased the availability of affordable housing.
- Worked to stabilize housing costs for renters.
- Led the charge to get the City to start taking sea-level rise seriously.
- Opened up public access to Alameda’s waterfront.
As the Alameda Transportation Commission Chair:
- Preserved transit services and protected our walkable and bikeable neighborhoods.
- Co-authored rules requiring all new developments to pay for transportation services that reduce
As a community leader:
- Fought for housing and services for formerly homeless families, veterans, and victims of domestic violence in his role on the Alameda Point Collaborative Board.
- Wrote our City’s Sunshine Ordinance, one of our most impactful transparency laws.
- Stood against anti-LGBT bigotry in Alameda.
- Chaired the Economic Development Strategic Plan Task Force, creating a strategy to support Alameda businesses and grow jobs.
John Knox White is dedicated to bringing people together to make meaningful improvements for our city. In 2018, John is running to join the Alameda City Council to work with our community to make Alameda an even better place to live, work and play.